New Important People in VR
Robert Brackenridge – Virtuix
Nathan Burba – Survios
Ray Davis – Epic
VC’s to Approach
The Venture Reality Fund
Envelop VR – Bob Berry
Accel – Kobie Fuller prefers tech to games
DFJ – Bubby Murarka prefers tech to games
Boost VC – Jeff Wasson – is willing to write riskier, smaller checks (aka games).
FACT: In 2015 700 million of investment went into vr
How to Succeed in VR
- Get market exposure
- Have passion about what you are building
- Have fresh perspective and be insane when making a VR product ~Kobie
- VC’s find it hard to invest in content creation studios – they are not venture scale. VC’s are not looking for story or character.
- Games or content success is hard to predict – so make a scalable idea if you want investors
- Know the business model of a venture firm before pitching
- Be honest and authentic with VCs
- Valuation is mostly determined by negotiation in an emerging market for start ups
New Tech to Check Out
Gpuopen.com open source graphics by AMD
Book Recommendation: “Ender’s Game” by Orson Scott Card, if you saw the movie but have not read the book, prepare yourself for a deep exploration of the human survival instinct, warfare, and theory of the mind in what is perhaps Card’s greatest novel.